PLEASE JOIN OUR SPECIAL
FLY & DINE LUNCH with the Island Flyer Hovercraft from Lee on the Solent
IT’S ALSO A PRIVILEGE CLUB MEMBERS LUNCH DATE!
DUE TO ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS WITH WINDS GUSTING 41kts WE HAVE HAD TO
RESCHEDULE THIS TRIP FOR THURSDAY 03 MAY
ALL TIMES & DETAILS ARE THE SAME
7 PLACES NOW AVAILABLE!
Please contact us if you have any queries or would like to book, on 02392 501803
Was: Wednesday 02 May 2018
For our 44th Privilege Club Members Lunch we will be venturing into, or should I say ONTO, the Solent for a very special day on the Isle of Wight. Solent Events has only gone and chartered Hovertravel’s Island Flyer for the day!!
AND, as we will have the whole Hovercraft just for us, you are welcome to bring friends, family and those new to Solent Events & Leisure, if you wish. What a wonderful first treat for them!
After meeting for coffee in the Hovercraft Museum Café and then boarding on the slipway opposite, our hosts will show us the bridge and show-off several ‘manoeuvres’ on the water, before dropping us at Ryde.
You will have time for a stroll, some retail therapy or perhaps indulge in the IOW’s very own famous ‘Minghella Ice-Cream’, before a pre-ordered 2 or 3-course lunch is served at The Royal Esplande Hotel’s Harry’s Brasserie, situated right on Ryde’s seafront, with views of Portsmouth!
As Hovertravel launch their NEW Fly & Dine Days to the public in 2018, this will be a wonderful experience just for us!
I do hope you can join us, but please let me know how many places you would like, as soon as possible.
CHECK OUT WHERE OUR PRIVILEGE CLUB HAS PREVIOUSLY DINED …….
1. 24 Nov 2009 The Lightship, Haslar Marina
2. 16 Feb 2010 The River Rat, Hamble
3. 26 April 2010 Lycees Hotel, Fareham
4. 06 Sept 2010 Pebbles, Stokes Bay, Gosport – with Alverstoke guided Tour
5. 21 Jan 2011 Pebbles – New Year Lunch by popular demand!
6. 23 Mar 2011 Kutis, Wickham
7. 09 June 2011 The Roebuck, Wickham
8. 07 Sept 2011 The Jolly Roger, Hardway, Gosport
9. 09 Jan 2012 The Red Lion, Fareham
10.19 Mar 2012 Kings, Botley
11. 25 July 2012 Spinnaker Tower by boat – Afternoon Tea
12. 10 Sept 2012 The Crofton, Stubbington
13. 08 Nov 2012 Wickham Vineyard & Tour
14. 18 Jan 2013 Lauros, Fareham
15. 07 Mar 2013 Chequers, Fareham College
16. 22 May 2013 Hardy’s, Haslar Marina, Gosport
17. 01 Aug 2013 Greens, Wickham – Summer BBQ
18. 23 Sept 2013 No 7 Boathouse, Dockyard – with Mary Rose & Harbour cruise
19. 28 Nov 2013 Lauro’s, Fareham
20. 31 Jan 2014 Cams Mill, Fareham
21. 27 Mar 2014 Navigator, Swanwick – with Burseldon Windmill Guided Tour
22. 29 May 2014 Trinity Lightship, Haslar Marina, Gosport
23. 05 Aug 2014 Alverbank Hotel – with Diving Museum Guided Tour
24. 23 Oct 2014 Old House Hotel, Wickham
25. 12 Dec 2014 Lauro’s, Fareham
26. 25 Feb 2015 Avenue 141, Fareham College
27. 09 April 2015 Golden Lion, Southwick – with Southwick House Guided Tour
28. 26 May 2015 Bayside, Stokes Bay, Gosport – Afternoon Tea
29. 18 Sept 2015 Waverley Steam Boat Solent Cruise + Lunch
30. 24 Nov 2015 Skylark Golf Course, Whitely, Fareham – LUNCH
31. 22 Feb 2016 The Port House, Port Solent, Portchester
32. 20 Apr 2016 Fisherman’s Rest, Titchfield
33. 04 June 2016 No Mans Fort, The Solent – Solent Events 25th Anniversary
34. 16 Aug 2016 Greens, Wickham – Summer BBQ
35. 25 Oct 2016 Arty’s, Clarence Marina, Gosport – with Clarence Yard guided tour
36. 19 Dec 2016 Lainston House Hotel, Sparshalt – Christmas Special Mystery Lunc
37. 16 Feb 2017 The Seahorse, Gomer Lane, Gosport
38. 27 April 2017 The Bun Penny, Lee on the Solent
39. 06 Jun 2017 Skylark Golf & Country Club
40. 20 Aug 2017 The Boathouse, Gosport Premier Marina
41. 04 Oct 2017 Clifford-Browns Brasserie, Knowle Village
42. 18 Jan 2018 Southampton Harbour Hotel, Ocean Village Marina
43. 05 Mar 2018 NORTH STAR TAPAS RESTAURANT, Gosport
44. 03 May 2018 Fly & Dine on the Island Flyer – NOW BOOKING ONLINE!
IOW ISLAND FLYER
Fr £62 pp
2-course Lunch £62.00pp
3-course Lunch £67.00pp
Non-members + £5
Coffee & Biscuits
Island Flyer Hovercraft
2-course or 3-course
Lunch with wine,
tea & coffee
Glass of wine/soft drink
ISLAND FLYER & LUNCH ITINERARY:
0945 Meet at the Lee on the Solent Hovercraft Museum Café
for coffee and biscuits (latest arrival 1015)
1015 Board the Island Flyer for hovertravel to Ryde, IOW
1100 Arrive Ryde
FREE TIME to have a stroll along the promenade, browse the shops or
grab a famous IOW Minghella Ice–cream on Ryde sands!
1230 Lunch at Harry’s Brasserie, Esplanade Hotel, Ryde
Situated opposite the Hovertravel slipway
1530 Island Flyer leaves for the mainland
1545 Arrive Lee on the Solent slipway
Please complete the booking form below and pay by BACS or debit/credit card
With your meal – a glass of wine or soft drink
Soup of the Day
Chicken Liver Paté
with red onion marmalade & toasted bread
Goats Cheese, spinach & red onion tart
with rocket and a balsamic dressing
MAIN COURSE Pan-fried Chicken Breast
wrapped in smoked bacon
Oven-baked Cod with Herb Crust
served a cherry tomato confit
Mushroom, Spinach, Cranberry & Brie Wellington
All served with Potatoes & Seasonal Vegetables
Baked Vanilla Cheesecake
with Fruit Compote
Summer Berry Pudding with Clotted Cream
Trio of Ice Cream
What Our Customers Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
We so enjoyed ourselves on Tuesday Lin, and it was a “mystery” right up until 3pm – well done. I’m so glad I found Solent Events. It’s so much more fun going with other like-minded people & takes the responsibility out of driving.Maureen Colyer
Dear Lin, Thank you for sending the photographs from ‘Collabro’ at the BIC. We had a lovely first outing with Solent Events. Thanks for all the hard work you put into it.Linda Hunt
Hi Lin, Just a quick thank you from us both for arranging such a brilliant day yesterday. We had such a lovely time and the hi-light for us was the steam train trip! Looking forward to the next Mystery TourSue & Bert Barnes